Thursday, January 1, 2009

Preparations/ New Year?

I move into my townhouse this saturday
I haven't packed anything yet.
My main Christmas present I got was a shopping spree with Santa, a.k.a. my mom, to buy nice business clothes. So I hope as far as attire I'm prepared. haha, cause I normally just wear jeans and a t-shirt.

On a more serious note, I'm excited that I move in on a Saturday cause it gives me and extra Sunday to try out some churches. Matt Rodgers (youth pastor at Crosspoint) told me that Capitol Hill Baptist is a pretty good church. I think  I will try that one church, and it's actually walking distance from where I am going to be living! It's strange thinking of trying to find a church for just a few months or even thinking of finding a church. I feel like I have learned a lot these past few years though about the things that I should value in a church. How involved can I get in a few months? I guess that is really up to me (more on churches later).

I'm pretty excited about meeting new people. I guess it really is a new year. I was saying how celebrating New Years is just an excuse to push yourself to be a "better you," and why do we have to wait for a certain time on the clock to do this? But 2009 is truely a completely new year for me, new places, new people, new situations. I always think "oh cool, now I can be whoever I want to be cause these people don't know me." But, really I don't think it is possible just to change like that (not that I really want to change, some minor details yes, but not all of me). Something that I would like to do though is be more outgoing, that would really make meeting people a lot easier. (I will get better writing these things as time goes on, sorry this was rambling, but I think thats ok cause not many people will actually read it).

1 comment:

  1. Hi Julie!
    I saw your picture in Vickery today as I tried to navigate my way to anatomy class. It got me thinking about you!
    I'm prayerful and hopeful that you'll find a church or that one will find you. There is something to trying your best and getting advice, but then, somehow God just works. I fell in love with a little church in Japan in a matter of months. It was very much home- a place I could take fellow exchange students looking for a place to belong. Are there other students doing internships like yours?

    ReplyDelete